Friday, March 2, 2012

The Lowdown. . .


So my name is Brooke (that's me in the top corner!) & I'm currently a freshman studying Ag Communications at Iowa State. I was born & raised on a small acreage owned by my parents where they have survived the rearing of 3 stubborn, high-strung girls. I happen to be the oldest & if you ask me the wisest. Just don't ask the other 2 (Tay-Rae & Baby Sister), they might disagree. 

This summer we welcomed K-dawg, a Norwegian foreign exchange student into our home & it's been one hell of a ride since then. We're going to be sad to see her go this summer. (Oh, & that's Sarah Marie on the right. She's a family friend & during the summers, she's another sister.)


Like I said, I am enrolled at Iowa State & I am loving every minute of it. (Except for the dorms which I'm sure you'll get more on later.) While here, I met my twin, DJ. She just so happens to be my roommate & now one of my best friends. (Yes, that's Tay-Rae in the background trying to eat my head)


I come from a big family & all of us (except a few traitors) are HUGE Cyclone fans. GO STATE!


This is a few of us tailgating on a FREEZING November morning. Tailgating since 7 AM, now that's dedication.


I also grew up with as a 3rd generation 4-Her. I was actively involved with 4-H for the past 9 years & this year I was crowned the 2011 Wapello County Expo Queen. This is right after my hometown's big parade this fall.


So basically, I'm just a farm girl stuck in a big city.
I plan on sharing my ups & downs, the homesickness, the bad grades, the great memories, but with a little country flair. I can't stray from my roots after all, it's in my blood. 
Well, I guess that's about it. I'll leave with this photo of my bucket-bottle baby, Chance. My sisters did this at my graduation party in May & he of course loved all of the attention. He's a spoiled little boy. Stay tuned for the next post where I will talk more about my baby boy.


 Night, y'all!





No comments:

Post a Comment